When you make these sweet treats, you won’t regret the effort. You may found your new favorite dessert – deep purple cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that are stunning for the eye. And the second you try this delicacy, you won’t want to share it with the rest.
What makes these cupcakes unique is the added lavender that is known for its anti-inflammatory and calming effects. The honey makes it even better, as it is a natural sweetener and not much sugar is needed. Therefore, read what you will need and how to make it and give it a try, you will be blessed!
For the cake you will need:
- 1/2 cup of room temp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of baking powder
- 2 tbsp. of dried lavender
- 1/2 tbsp. of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2/3 cup of milk
For the frosting you will need:
- 8 oz cream cheese (on room temperature)
- 2 tbsp room temp butter (on room temp)
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
How to make the cake:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine baking powder, flour, salt, and lavender in a medium bowl. Set it aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed beat the butter in a large bowl. Mix the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add honey, vanilla, and sugar in the bowl and beat all ingredients until they are combined. Continue mixing by adding one egg at a time. Add the flour mixture and then the milk to the butter mixture and alternate between the two. Until the mixture is well combined, beat on low speed after each addition.
- Then, you need to spoon the batter into lined muffin tins. Fill the tins about half full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 16 to 18 minutes. To make sure they are done, insert a toothpick into a cupcake and if it comes out clean, they are ready to be taken out of the oven.
- Do not take the cupcakes out of the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, remove the cupcakes from muffin tins and let them cool on wire racks.
How to do the frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese, honey, vanilla, and butter in a large mixing bowl with the mixer. Mix it on medium until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and beat everything well.
- In the bowl add the remaining powdered sugar until the mixture has spreading consistency.
- With the honey frosting, dip the completely cooled cupcakes.
- If you want you can spring the cupcakes with more lavender.