I’m pretty sure this Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe is my new favorite! If you are a fan of the chocolate and peanut butter or almond butter combo, this recipe is a must try.
These peanut butter bars would be an excellent party idea too. No one would ever guess they are sugar-free. You can’t even tell the difference. If anyone ever tells you that the keto diet is boring or restrictive, just show them recipes like these. You might just convert them over!
If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can always use almond butter, cashew butter or even sunflower seed butter too! All of them taste pretty good!
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe Ingredients
*¾ C Peanut Butter
*¾ C Butter
*½ C Sukrin Icing Sugar (Or use your favorite keto friendly sweetener)
*1 TSP Vanilla
*1 C Almond Flour
*1 C Coconut Flour
*3 oz. Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (or you can use Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips too)
*2 TBSP Coconut Oil
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe Instructions
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter. Typically takes about 90 seconds depending on your microwave. Set for 45 seconds, stir. Set for another 45 seconds, stir. If not melted at this point, add an additional 15 seconds until melted.
- To the melted butter add sweetener and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add in almond and coconut flour, stir until incorporated.
- Place mixture in a lined 8×8 baking dish or brownie pan. If using a brownie pan this is enough dough to fill all 12 spots measured out in a tablespoon.
- Flatted dough with spoon or glass cup.
- Set aside in refrigerate and allow 10-15 minutes for them to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 oz. Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips and Coconut Oil in a small saucepan over low heat. You can also melt in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, continuing to add 15 seconds until melted. Stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture. Making sure a nice thin layer is evenly coated the bars.
- Place back in refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from the pan, cut if using an 8×8 baking dish and enjoy!
This is the exact brownie pan we used for this recipe. I LOVE THIS PAN!