Looking for a way to add some fun to snack time or perhaps a health-related excuse to have dessert for breakfast? Then check out this ingenious coconut cookies recipe!
Our delicious coconut-flavored and protein-rich cookies will satisfy your cravings in no time without compromising your weight loss efforts or commitment to eating clean and high-quality food. You can have them at any time of the day without feeling bad about indulging – unlike your typical store-bought sweet snacks, these cookies are light, packed with health-promoting nutrients, and full of flavor.
Also, we’d like to recommend them as a pre-workout snack, since they offer a fine balance of clean protein, carbs, fiber and healthy fats that can fuel even the hardest of workouts.
It’s time to get rid of your hidden chocolate chip cookie stash and enter the world of tasty protein-powerhouse snacks!
- 1.5 cups of shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of high-quality protein powder
- 10-15 drops of liquid stevia*
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/8 cup of water
Editors Note: If you do not wish to use a non-caloric sweetener, like stevia, you can can replace it with 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup. This should add approximately 4 grams of sugar to each cookie. This is in addition to what you see for each cookie on the nutrition panel below.
*Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
*Roughly chop sunflower seeds or other nuts you may wish to use in the blender until broken up into chunks.
*Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together, if you notice that it is too crumbly than try adding in another tablespoon of coconut oil and possibly more water.
*Scoop cookies onto a cookie tray.
*Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
*Makes about 18 cookies.
*Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Can use 2 cups coconut shreds if you do not have/want sunflower seeds.
- Can use any other kind of nut or seed
- You can use any flavored or unflavored protein powder to change up the flavor.
- You can put the coconut whipped cream recipe in between to make an incredible coconut cookie sandwich!